Treasury Service and Consulting provides wide ranging and ad hoc FX, WCM and treasury consulting services to specific businesses, global functions and geographical areas, including HP Liquidity management, Counterparty Risk, acquisition/divestitures support, e-commerce, WW Bank Relationships, pan-regional banking infrastructures, business strategies and operational support (i.e. LoC/ Bank Guarantees). There are three treasury centers, offering the opportunity to manageinter-company funding programs for all of our international subsidiaries using cash-pool structures, IC loans and deposits, or capital injections. They also support the design of our global organization structure.
HP Global Treasury's charter is to enhance shareholder value through leadership in the design of innovative approaches for utilizing capital, identifying and mitigating risks, driving best in class operations and administering benefits. This charter is achieved via the acquisition, development and retention of highly talented Treasury professional who collaborate with global businesses and functions to implement these solutions and practices throughout the enterprise.
This right candidate will be responsible for defining & supporting strategy, seeking cross organizational buy –in to strategy proposals, providing leadership, and driving execution of Treasury’s multi-year strategic roadmap (Project Orange). This is a high visibility role. This person may assigned as needed to support ad hoc Regional Consulting work.
The responsibilities of this role will include (but will not be limited to) the following:
- Defining HP’s cash management architecture of the future - ensuring bank & bank account rationalization
- Negotiating cross organizational buy in for proposed strategy
- Leading regional RFP’s in partnership with the treasury regions of all of HP’s existing cash management relationships.
- Driving implementation of new structures to maximize cash available to HP’s cash pools and minimize operational cash balances.
- Partnering with HP’s Treasury solutions group to define end state HP treasury architecture.
- Partnering with HP’s TSC and Consulting teams to ensure alignment of strategy, implementation, & shared resources.
- Providing business leadership of HP’s implementation of SWIFT.
- Assisting the Treasury Strategy & Implementation Manager with Strategy development and board/other executive presentations.
- Developing clear project plans and ownership metrics to drive accountability and execution throughout the Treasury organization.
- Serving as a liaison with external HP banking partners to drive change and execution.
- Communicates with senior managers, HP’s Assistant Treasurer, and partner organizations to deliver analysis and results for Treasury programs.
- Develops relationships with industry professionals and/or external organizations to understand current market trends and best practices and drive internal implementation
- Develops sound relationships with banking partners and internal constituencies (Tax, Legal, IT, AR/AP, Auditors, Treasury Accounting/ HCAG, etc.) to drive initiatives forward.
Education and experience:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent diploma, preferably with a business, economics, or scientific major. MBA is preferred.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation is a plus.
- Cash management, project management, and management of change experience
- Team alignment experience
- 7+ years related experience in corporate treasury or banking,
- 3+ years in cash management/cash investments/project management
- Systematic understanding of treasury processes, as well as other finance functions.
- Experience with Bloomberg is a plus
- Experience with SAP ERP systems is a plus
- Experience with TMS systems such as WSS, SAP, Sun Guard, etc.is a plus
- International and multi-cultural mindset
- Strong understanding of risk management techniques and strategies
- Ability to travel occasionally when needed
- Ability to work effectively on a dynamic team
- Strong communication, leadership, consulting, influence, and negotiation skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Ability to multi-task, juggle competing priorities, see the big picture, and correct course as needed
- Strong project management, problem solving, analytical and strategic thinking skills, and the ability to execute a project within the scope of overall strategies.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Focus on quality
- Initiative, Integrity, reliability and ability to meet deadlines
- Team-Oriented mindset that expects and achieves challenging results while respecting and motivating people
Primary Location: Americas-United States-Texas-Houston
Shift: Day Job
Recruiter: Macleasea Williams
Hiring Manager: Steve Ogden
Job Grade: M27
Second Contact: Mayra Gelfand
Position Contact Details
Name: Mayra Gelfand